Hey everyone,
So I am here, I'm in London, finally! The flight was 8 hours to get here, Then when I got to Heathrow I got my baggage went through customs and got on the tube. I had to buy an oyster card, (a pass to ride the "tube" or the underground. I figured out how to navigate the Piccadilly Line (the blue line), then I got off at Hammersmith and switched to the District Line (the green line). I took the green line to Sloane Square and got off there. From there is where the only struggle started for me. I needed to find my way to my address and there was no wifi to check my location and I had all of my luggage. So I asked a gentleman working a tube ticketing station how to get the the address that I took a picture of and saved on my phone (that was otherwise useless). I managed after about 30 minutes of walking to get to my address, I walked about a mile and a half with all of my luggage, and I wasn't even that far off. One thing you learn about London, there is a lot of walking. When I arrived finally at my destination I checked in, got up to my room and got settled. I went out to eat at a cafe that was not far from my residence with some other London Centre students. It was fun and very eye opening to British culture. For the water closet, they have one room for washing your hands in the same room, so guys and girls, and just the stalls are separated.
I also went to a grocery store and checked out some stuff, I just picked up bread and british peanut butter for tonight and will probably do more shopping tomorrow. While there I observed a bunch of stuff like the fact that they call buns, baps or that they have a lot of porridge and crumpets. I took a few shots of some of the stuff in my area and my food from lunch. Check it out:
No comments:
Post a Comment