Wednesday, September 10, 2014

So there are officially 13 days left until I leave for London. I will be living at the following address:
 Mansion SW3, Manresa Road, Chelsea, London, SW3 6NA
It is really cool and very modern. Here is some info from FIE (Foundation for International Education's) website on the housing:

Mansion SW3 is situated just off the world renowned Kings Road, close to Chelsea neighbourhood amenities, including the Chelsea Library and Chelsea Sports Centre, both within two minutes’ walk of the residence. Two underground stations (Sloane Square and South Kensington) are a close walk or bus ride away as are the South Kensington area museums (Natural History Museum, V & A Museum, and Science Museum). Mansion SW3 is 20 minute walk to Foundation House while the Thames River is only a 5 minute walk from the residence with Battersea Park located directly across the river. Most interestingly the King’s Road has been the centre of contemporary popular culture for over 60 years and notably this world famous street was the centre of “Swinging Sixties” London fashion, art and music. In the 70s the area was the epicentre of the Punk Rock movement where world famous couturier Dame Vivienne Westwood ‘s shop SEX was located and from where she sold her amazing punk fashion clothes. Recently Sir Charles Saatchi moved what is the UK’s largest private contemporary art collection into the Saatchi Gallery located five minutes’ walk from Sloane Square underground station. Entrance to the Saatchi Gallery is free!

I am so excited and I can't wait to arrive. However, I am a bit nervous, but I mean that's to be expected.

The next blog I will send out will most likely be once I am in London, so keep your eyes out for more! Feel free to email, facebook message me, what's app me, or even google hangout with me!

Enthusiastically,
Katie Schumacher


No comments:

Post a Comment